We follow the Newton Public Schools calendar for holiday closures. However, we do NOT always follow the school system for weather closures. You will always be notified by email and Instagram (follow @tdaofsiagel) if there is or is not going to be dance on a snowy day.
Please email email@example.com to make sure we have your correct email address for these and other important notifications.
- In the event that we have to shut down our in-studio classes due to Covid-19, we will continue the regular dance schedule via Zoom. Teachers will be asked to teach from the studio to optimize video quality. We will require a cancellation fee of 1 tuition installation. During the 1 month following your cancellation date, your dancer will be able to take classes via Zoom. After 30 days, your dancer will have the option to stay on virtually or fully withdraw from the program.
- We have THREE recital shows in June. Every class is assigned to a show. You will be told the exact show(s) your dancer is in by the spring. If Covid-19 disables us from having our traditional recital shows, we will be having an alternative end-of-year capstone for our dancers depending on the guidelines and limitations set at the time.
- Dress rehearsals are mandatory. There are TWO dress rehearsal dates, but some dancers will only need to attend one. At this time, we recommend reserving BOTH afternoons, and you will be informed of your child's rehearsal day assignment by the spring.
- Dance Competitions are free and open to the public, we urge all TDA dancers to come and watch/support our teams! We perform all weekend, but do not know exact times until the week of the competition. Please call or email us if you want to find out the best time(s) to attend the competition.
- 9/21 First Week of Dance!
- 9/19 Closed for Rosh Hashanah
- 9/28 Closed for Yom Kippur
- 10/12 Closed for Columbus Day
- 11/11 Closed for Veteran's Day
- 11/25-11/29 Closed for Thanksgiving
- 11/27 Black Friday Dance Camp
- 12/24-12/31 Closed for December Vacation
- 12/28, 12/29, 12/30 December Dance Camp
- 1/1-1/3 Closed for New Year's Day
- 1/18 Closed for Martin Luther King Day
- 1/18 Dance Camp On
- 2/15-2/21 Closed for February Vacation
- 2/16 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 February Dance Camp
- 4/2-4/3 Closed for Easter/Passover Break
- 4/19-4/25 Closed for April Vacation
- 4/20, 4/21, 4/22, 4/23 April Dance Camp
- 5/29-5/31 Closed for Memorial Day
- Dress Rehearsal TBA
- Recital TBA
- Solo Recital TBA
- 6/22-6/26 Schools Out Dance Camp